Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Birthdays & NACFC

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for today and for the gift that keeps giving. Today I turn 28. And 3 years ago, on my birthday, I went into labor and received the best birthday gift (44 minutes after my birthday ended) - our daughter Mckenna. I am so thankful that each birthday I am taken back to that day and the memories that were made as we prepared to bring her into the world - the wonderful, relaxing morning at home; laboring through the evening; pushing in the night; and the precious first sights and sounds just after my birthday ended.

I’m thankful for hope. We may have gotten bad news last week, but I’m thankful that this week has been filled with hope and anticipation to get back into the IVF saddle and try again with some beautiful frozen babies!

I’m thankful for friends and family. Our friends and family have come along side us during these last couple weeks, from caring for us and Mckenna when we were both sick and hurting after the retrieval, to walking beside us in love through the waiting and disappointment. God has blessed us with an amazing support system.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for the opportunity to celebrate the births of the two most special girls in my life. Mandi turned 28 today and Mckenna turns 3 tomorrow! I am so blessed by them daily that a simple birthday celebration would never capture how truly special both of them are to me. I hope that I'm able to make them feel "birthday special" every single day of the year.

I'm thankful for my NACFC experience. NACFC is always a good time and I'm always thankful that I'm able to catch up with folks that I talk to throughout the year via email and phone. This year was no different as I sat down with many folks across the CF community and talked about ways that we could serve the community together. Hopefully we see some of those conversations turn into action!

I'm thankful for Pops and Nana D coming into town. My dad and step-mom drove into town two days ago to bee around for the birthdays and birthday party this weekend. Mckenna absolutely loves them and they are always fun to have around.

What are you thankful for today?