Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Foster License & Passionate Professionals

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful that we are officially licensed as foster parents. It was a long road (mores full of waiting than actual hard work), but we did it. We are now sitting and eagerly waiting for our first placement. I am so thankful that we are in the position to help kiddos and their families.

I’m thankful for morning snuggles. In the mornings, Mckenna and I sit on the couch and watch a show while I drink coffee and she eats cereal. I love this time together. It’s quiet, cozy, and a really special time to sit and chat while her voice still sounds tired and her eyes still looks sleepy. She’s slow moving, but cheery; snuggly, but animated. I may be tired, but I think it’s some of my favorite times together.

I’m thankful for a hard working hubby. Poor Ronnie has been swamped with work lately, but he never lets it show that he has so much on his plate, and somehow doesn’t drop any balls even with more balls to be juggling.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for checking off another box on the way to helping put a family back together. We received word a couple of days ago that we were approved for our Foster License in the state of Arizona. It's something we've been working toward since the summer, and we're thankful that we're now available to children and families who need us in their most desperate of times.

I'm thankful for passionate professionals in the CF community. I'm working on putting together an Exercise Research Committee to explore a research question picked by CysticLife.org and the response to join has been fantastic. We've received almost nothing but yeses (SP?) and are so excited to continue pushing and supporting patient-driven research. If you're at all interested in getting involved, please let me know.

I'm thankful morning PJs. We leave windows and doors open while we sleep, so in the morning, it's pretty chilly. Not Syracuse chilly, but chilly enough that a warm set of PJs feels quite nice just before that hot cup of espresso. As I type this, I'm getting eager to put them on ;)

What are you thankful for today?