Friday, January 16, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Picked-up & Sweating

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for help. My mom and dad have been so sweet to chip in and help watch Mckenna and Baby N whenever needed (or whenever not needed, but just to give a little break). I cannot thank them enough for lightening our load more often than they have to.

I’m thankful for “I love you.” Mckenna randomly says “I love you” to me, several times a day. It never, ever gets old. In fact, my heart always explodes a little each time she thinks to say it. I often wonder what spurs it on because it is truly very random, but whatever triggers her little mind to say it, I’m thankful for.

I’m thankful for a picked up house. I’m a bit of neat freak…not so much a clean freak, but a neat freak. I function best when our house is picked up, but, as anyone knows, a house with a toddler can come undone very, very quickly. Every evening Ronnie and I take 10-20 minutes to pick up so that we end the day, and start the next, in a little less chaos. There is nothing like a house that is picked up!!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for sweating. I've been pushing hard at the gym lately and the best reminder that I'm making progress is when I have to stop my workout due to my eyes burning. Those of you with CF know the feeling of pure salt water being poured into your eyes, and under these circumstances, it's awesome!

I'm thankful for the "winter" weather. I've been walking home from the gym after the sun goes down a couple times a week and no sweatshirt has been required. There is a fantastic crispness in the air that actually feels like a perfect compliment to my sweaty body after my HIIT class.

I'm thankful for my milk frother. I'm back on a pretty strict nutrition plan, but that doesn't mean my sweet tooth is gone. To satisfy that sweet tooth, I've been making "lattes" at night and throwing them back as I decompress for the day. Sometimes I add sugar-free sweetener and sometimes I do not. Either way, it tastes deeeeelish!

What are you thankful for today?