Sunday, April 26, 2015

21 Weeks Pregnant!


How far along: 21 weeks pregnant...well on the day this is posted, I'm 21.5...but I took the picture on Thursday, exactly 21 weeks. Due September 3rd!

Gender: Officially a baby BOY!!


Total weight gain: Up 10 lb.


Exercise: Unfortunately, my exercise plans for this pregnancy look very different. Between the subchorionic hemorrhage and now the complete placenta previa, I have been limited to just walking. This week I walked 30.5 miles...and biked a few as well. 


Maternity clothes: This week I got a pair of non-maternity shorts a couple of sizes bigger than normal, so I can button them. They are a bit baggy, but at least they button, and I have plenty of room to grow in the waist!


Miss anything: I definitely am missing my normal workouts! I'm also missing a glass of wine. I drink a glass of wine a handful of times a year (and that may even be rounding up), but this week, after the girls have gone down, there have been a few nights when a glass of wine sounded nice!


Movement: I'm feeling him move all the time, and the movements are getting bigger and bigger. Some nights as I laid in bed this week watching TV (it's where I camp out in the evenings when Ronnie is gone) I would just sit and watch all the movement as well. I love seeing the thumps and bumps from the outside!


Have you started to show: I think I am starting to look pregnant to people I don't know in certain outfits...and especially at the end of the day. I cannot wait to have a big ol' bump!!


Stretch marks: This is a tricky one. I never got stretch marks on my belly with Mckenna. But ever since puberty I've had stretch marks on my thighs, tush, and hips. They are very fine and you only really see them when the light hits them right. So there's a good chance that I got more with Mckenna, I just have no idea. My guess is I may be getting more as we speak, I just can't see them in comparison to what is already there!


Belly button in or out: It's in...and looks like a massive goiter in tight shirts.


Wedding rings on or off: On, when I actually wear them! I take them off for exercise, showers, and sleeping...and with my baby brain and pregnancy brain, I often forget to put them back on!


Sleep: I sleep like any other mom with a 3.5 year old and a 4.5 month old. I have fallen asleep at night and a couple of times during naps without knowing it though, so I must be sleepy!


Labor signs: None. I'm hoping none for a very, very long time. But I am having noticeable Braxton Hicks contractions already. I get them when my bladder is full, during exercise, when he's really active, and for no 
reason at all...so really, I just get them all the time.


Best moment of this week: Ronnie's been in the hospital since Monday. Friday was the first time we went down to visit him, as the first few days he's usually feeling pretty cruddy. We were supposed to go on Saturday, but we went Friday because Thursday night Mckenna had a breakdown because she was missing her daddy so much. When we got there, it made my heart burst to see how excited she was to see her daddy. And within 10 minutes of arriving, she had gotten him water "to make him feel better"; gave him a hand pound; and massaged his legs and feet. I love her caring, tender, little heart. I love that she has the heart of a caretaker, and that she loves her daddy more than anything!