Thursday, May 28, 2015

26 Weeks Pregnant!

Last time I posted a pic I was 22 weeks...talk about A LOT of growth in 4 weeks!

How far along: 26 weeks pregnant...Due September 3rd!

Gender: Baby BOY!!


Total weight gain: Up 13 lb.


Exercise: Thankfully my placenta has moved some (more on that later), so I've been cleared to do a little more exercise. However, I haven't been totally let loose. I can lift weights as long as I'm not straining too hard doing it (my midwife says as long as I'm not feeling like I have to grunt! Ha!); I can jog (but not run); and obviously I can still walk. So I have been doing what I can when I can. There were 2 weeks in 
there that I was at the hospital around the clock and didn't want to leave for a run, so it was a slow couple weeks, but now I'm back to running, lifting and walking. It feels AMAZING!

Maternity clothes: Still no maternity clothes. I live in workout clothes, dresses, and the pair of normal shorts I bought a couple sizes up.


Miss anything: Being able to run without feeling like I have to pee the whole time. I go before I leave, so I know I don't actually have to go, it's just the pressure of baby boy bouncing on my bladder.


Movement: I'm feeling this little guy move all the time. He's an active little bugger. I love it!


Have you started to show: Oh yeah! The last 3 weeks my belly has really taken off! See?

(As a side note: Anytime I put on a tight workout shirt I think to myself, "Fat girl in a little shirt," in the tune of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy singing, "Fat guys in a little coat)

Stretch marks: This is a tricky one. I never got stretch marks on my belly with Mckenna. But ever since puberty I've had stretch marks on my thighs, tush, and hips. They are very fine and you only really see them when the light hits them right. So there's a good chance that I got more with Mckenna, I just have no idea. My guess is I may be getting more as we speak, I just can't see them in comparison to what is already there!

Belly button in or out: It's in...but creeping towards the surface.


Wedding rings on or off: On, when I actually wear them! I take them off for exercise, showers, and sleeping...and with my baby brain and pregnancy brain, I often forget to put them back on!


Sleep: I sleep like any other mom with a 3.5 year old and a 5.5 month old! I've noticed the last few nights I've been especially tired. It may be from increasing my exercise intensity or from the extra activity of having Ronnie back at home...regardless, I just need to move my bedtime up!


Labor signs: Nope! But I am still having a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions. I get them when my bladder is full, during exercise, when he's really active, and for no reason at all...so really, I just get them all the time.


Best moment of this week: We have had a lot of good moments this week. First and foremost: RONNIE IS HOME!! WAHOO! We have a ways to go until he's 100%, but he has improved leaps and bounds since getting home. We are so thankful to be under one roof as a family. The second GREAT moment was that we had another ultrasound yesterday to check on baby boy and my placenta. Baby boy looks healthy, and my placenta has continued to move! It moved another .37cm away from my cervix, so it's not .97cm away from my cervix. They just want to see it over 1-1.5cm away to clear me for all normal activity, and to allow my to deliver vaginally. We are SO close!