Thursday, May 14, 2009

Taking My Own Advice

6:00am: I thought for 10 seconds this morning about sleeping in and taking J Bell for a dog walk around 9 or so. I didn't get to bed until about midnight last night, so naturally, I was SUPER tired this morning. But why in the world would I go against my own advice? If I can get up this morning and get moving, imagine how much easier it will be when I feel energized and refreshed? With that, I was up! Now, I wasn't going to go to the gym, but it had nothing to do with my sleepiness. My inner thighs are still killing me! They are so tight that it feels like they could snap at any moment. I didn't want to keep pushing them and not let the muscles recover in there. Problem is, today is also leg day. I'll just have to steer clear of any exercise that targets that inner thigh area.

As far as my lung go, I felt great. I didn't do a whole lot of coughing this morning, but when I did cough, I brought up only clear stuff. I think that is due to the running that I've done the last couple of days. It really opened me up and allowed me to get out that gunk that was way down in there. Most of my flew this morning was either totally clear or a milky white. Either way, it's certainly better than yellow or green! I also felt nice and open when I woke up. I don't know about you, but I always judge my lung health on how I feel first thing in the morning. I was able to keep up a good pace during the walk and even break a little sweat! My legs loosened up a bit so I hope they stay that way throughout the day so I can push them just a little bit at the gym. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

Total Distance: 2.1 miles Time: 36'35"

6:00pm: Mandi and I took off for the gym after doing a little relaxing at my place after work. Today was leg and shoulders, but my legs are in no condition to be lifting on. We did shoulders as usual, but when it came to our trunks, we did more stretching types of exercises. I did squats with no weight on the bar, a lot of stretches, and a ballerina type of "spread your legs and squat" kind of move that really targeted my inner thighs. It still feels like I have metal rod inerts in my legs, but it's getting to the point to where I can actually walk comfortably now. Before, I kind of just hobbled from here to there.

After doing our shoulders and legs, we moved on to cardio. We decided to do 20 minutes on the elliptical. I worked up a huge sweat while doing it so it felt great. I actually was reading a magazine while doing it today. It definitely made the time go by a lot faster. Plus, I got to read about how Kristy Alley put on 85 lbs.! Can Jenny Craig get her money back? My lungs opened up nicely and I was able to work up some stuff when we got outside. Current Weight: 187 lbs.

Total Distance: 1.5 miles

Total Distance for Day: 3.6 miles