Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I've Got To Get This Mucus Out!!!

I hate to admit it (this is all part of being accountable), but this last week was a TERRIBLE week for working out. I managed to get some really good and long walks in, but I haven’t set foot in a gym. Mandi’s dad flew in from China (he works over there) and we’ve all been hanging out non-stop since he’s been here. So, if you’d like to send some hate mail, please send it to Mandi’s Dad 14151 E Hanging Out St. Excuses, AZ. Luckily I had some really good runs before he got into town so the transition back into it shouldn’t be that painful.

I’ve also been battling something that’s been going on since this weekend. We headed to the Breath of Life Gala in Tucson on Saturday and I was feeling a “little off”. It has since come to my attention that my little brother (whom I hung out with) is now having flu like symptoms. Now some of it may be mental, but ever since I knew that he was sick I seem to be getting worse J Yesterday I felt like I was hot all day and my lungs felt really junky. I ended up doing a couple of extra vest treatments to try a shake all of the junk loose.

So, I must say that something must be going on cause today I’ve been coughing up a bunch of dark or light brownish/orangish colored mucus. I’m pretty sure how I’m feeling isn’t mental cause mucus doesn’t lie. Now all I want to do is get this crud up and out. I can’t wait to go for a run later and cough my brains out. In fact, I’ll finish this blog when I get back from my run and tell you how it went. Stay tuned….

Ok, I'm back from my run....just a second, have to catch my breath and try not to throw up on this computer screen.--(Panting proceeds for approximately 3 minutes)--Alright. Wow, I can't believe how much stamina I can lose in five days. That run was 10 minutes of torture. If you're wondering why I only did ten minutes, and I don't blame you, it was because that was my goal for today. I wanted to "ease" back into it and try to fully recover from whatever has been going on in my lungs before I pushed it too much. The last couple of days my mucus has gotten really dark and even a little rusty/orangish color. It could be some old blood or just something that stained my mouth, but either way, I'm not worried. I've been coughing a ton of it up today and feel better than I did most of the weekend.

I'm sure glad I pushed through tonight. I seriously felt like I was going to puke the whole time we were running and I still had a bloated belly from our late lunch. Worse yet, my burps smelled like the sushi we had. YUCK! We managed (or should I say I managed, Mandi was fine) to push it and even picked up the speed towards the end. All I know is that I can't make any excuses this next week and I have to get back in the groove!

What do you guys find is the most affective way for YOU to get the mucus up and out?