Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Top Ten Favorite "Reality" Shows

So I just got done watching the season finale of The Bachelor with Mandi and I've got to say, I just don't get it. I, like Jake, thought that Tinsley would be the (2nd) most perfect wife out there. I never thought in a million years that he would pick Vienna. With that said, I TOTALLY get his reasoning. If you have to force yourself to be someone different or feel like you're walking on eggshells around that person, pretty sure it's not a good match. It's so important to find that person that you can be yourself around and not worry about the consequences.

Anywhoo, it got me thinking about reality tv in general and how much I love it. I know that I've done a blog about favorite tv shows, so there will be some overlap, but this is my Top Ten "Reality" Shows of all time...well, at least of the last year :)

10. Undercover Boss - This is a new one that airs on Sundays. It takes a CEO of a company and has him/her go undercover in their own company to "learn the ropes" as a new trainee. It has basically the same story line every episode, but I have really enjoyed it thus far.

9. The Sing Off - I got into this show my last hospital stay. It had acapella groups perform against each other and I was absolutely fascinated by the sounds they could make.
8. So You Think You Can Dance - I have nothing but respect for people that can dance the way that they do.

7. Survivor - I don't watch every season, but when I do, I always enjoy it. This season is very enjoyable as it matches past "Heroes" vs "Villains". All of the character development has been done and now you can sit and enjoy the back stabbing.

6. The Bachelor - I don't understand the choices always, but I do always have quite a reaction.

5. Dating in the Dark - I'm hoping they bring this show back. The premise was simple. Have two people "date" without being able to see each other. Then, once they have picked a person on conversation alone, that person is revealed. Once revealed, they decide if they would like to continue with a relationship.

4. The Amazing Race - My mom got me into this show. I like being able to see other cultures and all of the beautiful scenery, plus, it's awesome to see hoe people navigate through the stress that the show brings.

3. Shark Tank - I'm pretty sure it's my goal to one day be on this show. You simply pitch an idea to 4 investors and if they like it, they give you money. Some of the ideas are a waste of time, but many of them are really cool.

2. The Biggest Loser - Probably the most positive and impactful (is that a word?) out there. It warms my heart every season to see the transformations.

1. American Idol - Best. Show. Ever.

Alright, let me have it! What are your guilty pleasure reality shows?