Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Workouts Galore!!!

A little update on my workouts:

I've been VERY good at going to the gym since I asked you guys to hold me accountable. And I guess I shouldn't just say that I'VE been good as Mandi has really been pushing us to get to the gym everyday. Yesterday we only had a 20 minute gym session because of work, errands and a quick trip out of town, but we made the most of it. We both lifted as much as we could as fast as we could and were sweating like crazy at the end of the workout. It's amazing how much you can get done if you just put your mind to something and push. We may work that "power" workout into our routine from time to time as it gave us a nice cardio workout as well!!

Since asking you guys to push me and making a promise to Mandi that I would work hard to be healthy for our wedding, I've missed running ONCE. It was actually yesterday that I missed it, so it was good that we got some "cardio" in at the gym. Two days ago I pushed myself during my run and probably ran the fastest mile that I've run for quite some time. I was huffing and puffing when I was done, but of course I felt a big sense of accomplishment. On my way back to the house, I actually found a shade tree and leaned against it to catch my breath and a woman stopped to ask if I was alright. She even offered me water and stayed there for a bit. I didn't realize I looked that bad after a run, I must have done something right!!

So anyways, another big thanks to you who are holding me accountable and cheering me on along the way!! Oh and I should mention, apparently I was sending too many messages through Facebook and my account got disabled. We're hoping to resolve the issue, but if you need to get a hold of me in the mean time, you can do it through here or through email at ronnie@cysticlife.org.

Have a good day guys :)