Friday, May 7, 2010

Home Depot Brings Out the Moron In Me

As this week comes to an end, I can only say one thing...I'm tired. It's been crazy since getting out of the Hole and things around here have been non-stop. The good news is that I have not let it stand in the way of treatments whatsoever, the bad news, I need to get my running shoes on!! I haven't missed a morning walk yet, but when my lungs are this healthy, just a morning walk doesn't cut it. Now, I haven't been totally lazy physically, but it could certainly be a lot better. It's going to take a TON of discipline these next few weeks to get back into my running schedule. If I'm not working, I'm working on the house and if I'm not working on the house, I'm shopping for it. I welcome you guys to call me out on running like you have so many times before; I need it!!

I didn't post a Thankful Thursday yesterday cause I wanted to make sure that you all had the Tylenol recall info as it relates to the CF community. That certainly doesn't mean however that I don't have things to be thankful for. I could literally write daily in a blog that had nothing to do with anything but thankfulness. I'm of course thankful for the new digs, but that leads me to what I was SUPER thankful for a couple of days ago. Home Depot workers.

Am I the only person who feels like an absolute moron when setting foot into Home Depot? They have hundreds of aisles full of millions of things, yet I can only identify a hammer. And that's only if it's a classic looking hammer like the one that came with my Playskool tool kit. I feel so overwhelmed in that store it's crazy. Luckily, they have some of the nicest and most helpful folk around. When Mandi and I went in there a couple of days ago, we had a worker willing to go on a wild goose chase with us all around the store. Without him, we would have been totally hosed. So thank you random Home Depot worker. I don't remember your name, but I will never forget your willingness to help :)

So that's it for today. Remember, call me out and help me get back on the running trails. I need to get in tip top shape for this little event I have coming up :)