Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Keep This Train Rolling!!!!!

It's good to be free!! First, I'd just like to thank everyone for all of your warm wishes and prayers while I was in the hospital. Second, well, I guess now that I'm typing, there is no second, so I would just like to thank all of you again!!

I was released from the Hole Monday afternoon and let me tell you, it feels good to be out. I don't know what it was exactly, but this last stay was a tough one. I'm the type of guy that NEVER minds being in the hospital. I can always see the light at the end of the tunnel and just knowing that I'll feel better at the end of my stay is always good enough for me. I think what happened this time was I just had way too much exciting stuff happening on the outside. I'm getting married this month. Mandi had her shower. We bought a house. We started painting the house. And by "we", of course I mean Mandi. I was reduced to being on speakerphone the first time she laid foot inside of our house as the new and official owners. I had to live through recall and pictures.

Now, let me be clear- it was a VERY good thing that I was in and got a tune-up. I thought of it this way. I made the decision that it would be better to be in the Hole a couple of weeks before we got married, then to be in a month shortly after we tied the knot. I could feel myself going down that slippery slope of sickness and knew that I had to go in to stop the slide. I am so blessed that things worked out, I responded to treatment and things only took two weeks. I don't know how much longer I could have stayed this time. My normal stay is 30 days, and thank you God, it did not take that long.

That leads me to my last little tidbit...if you didn't already read somewhere: My numbers are UP!!! I blew a 89%/73%. That 89% is my highest since a 91% in 2003. The 73% isn't the highest I've had, but it's only 2 points off from being so! It's such a good feeling to see all of the hard work and dedication paying off. I bust my butt everyday to take care of myself and push the envelope of treatments and exercise. It of course makes that commitment much easier when I see it yielding fruit. Now it's just a matter of keeping this train rolling!!!