Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Fun 2011 (Pictures included)

Yesterday we headed down to Tucson to hang out with the family for Easter. Before heading down we would usually go to the Easter service at our church, but the pastor asked for some of the "regular attenders" to go to one of the Saturday services instead. We knocked out the Easter service on 3pm Saturday afternoon. This gave us time to relax Sunday morning and enjoy a nice sit down breakfast together before heading down to Tucson.

As many of you know, when my family get together to celebrate any occasion it's usually a big deal. By big deal I mean that there are a ton of people around. I'm guessing for Easter 2011 we had about 30 peeps there. We do the normal stuff, chit-chat, devotional, chow down, hunt for eggs, dessert and then chat some more. As always, it was a good time and we definitely enjoyed ourselves.

We tried to take as many pictures as we could, but as usual, we suck at taking pictures. Here's what we got though.


Like I said, when we get together, we get together. This was the crowd to my right and doesn't include at least 10 family members who were to my left. It looks like the bulk of family members in this picture are cousins, but I do see some aunts and uncles sprinkled in there. Notice the fresh flower centerpieces in the middle of the table - good work Aunt Janna!!


here's my mom and my aunt Mary hiding some eggs before a handful of younger cousins come looking for them. If you're wondering, yes, I did have a putting competition earlier in the day, and yes, I eeked out a victory over my step-dad Mark.


Somehow I didn't manage to get a picture of the Easter egg hunters, but I did snap a picture of the crowd watching them search for eggs. This year, the oldest searcher was about 5, so we couldn't make the eggs too hard to find. Hiding eggs for kids no taller than 4 feet is quite a challenge and really limits your options.


Dessert table. Three families, including Mandi and I, were in charge of bringing desserts. Mandi and I brought the blonde brownies in the far left hand corner of the table and the trifle looking thing on the right side of the table. Our trifle consisted of chocolate cake, cool whip, crushed peanut butter cups, crushed butterfinger, chocolate pudding, another chocolate cake and topped with more crushed butterfinger and some cool whip. Yummy yummy for my tummy tummy...followed by a slight sick feeling :)


Then of course I tried to play with the "big boys" and I got hurt. A ball unexpectedly made it too my hands and I wasn't quite ready for it - can you guess which pinkie got the raw end of the deal?