Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Fibros & RTs

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

Mandi was super duper sleepy tonight and I didn't have the heart to wake her up to write her part of this. I'm sure she'll wake up in the morning and whip something out for you guys, so you'll have to check back!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for another great week of workouts so far. We've switched it up quite a bit from walking, to riding, to gym time and it all seems to be going well. I'm really hoping that next week I can test my foot on a light jog. The good news is that my lungs haven't held me back at all from my workouts, just this stupid foot. I guess we'll see if that changes next week. Fingers crossed!

I'm thankful that I'm going to have the opportunity to meet up with my fellow fibro Brian who is currently going across the country on his motorcycle for the CF Riders awareness tour. He started with a simple dream and has been able to set off on this mission with a lot of hard work and determination. I'm really looking forward to finally being able to meet up in person!

I'm thankful that I'm actually enjoying yard work. You have to understand, I grew up doing absolutely no yard work. We didn't have a yard to be worked on and the one time I was in charge of raking the back yard I tore out some phone lines - and that was the end of my yard work duties. Now at our home we have a big ol' yard to take care of and it can be very daunting. Thankfully, I'm starting to get the hang of it and actually look forward to getting out there.

I'm thankful for my opportunity to speak with a respiratory therapy class on Friday. Just about every semester I get invited to speak to a class of aspiring RTs. We all know how important RTs are in our lives when we find ourselves in the Hole and I want to make sure they know that. I'm there to put a face (albeit an ugly one) to this disease that they read about in books and to deliver one key message - if you're not there because you want to see me get better, then find a new job!

So, what are you thankful for today?