Monday, May 30, 2011

It's ALIVE...

A little update from Baby Land, just one day shy of 18 weeks. I finally have felt peanut MOVE! I've been pretty sure that I've felt little peanut move every once in a while for the last couple of weeks. But the last two days I'm even more sure that it's peanut. It is wayyyy too low to be my stomach growling and feels nothing like gas, so that leaves one option: baby! Any ladies out there that have been pregnant before or currently pregnant and want to tell me if I'm right? Here's what it feels like (my best description): put your hand on your cheek. Now quickly run your tongue along the inside of your cheek. It feels like what you feel on your hand (did that description make any sense?). Well regardless, that's what I've been feeling and I absolutely LOVE it. I don't get to feel it very often. It's generally only after I eat (normally lunch or dinner), when I'm relaxing/sitting on the couch, half laying, half sitting, face-up. And they come in waves of 2 or 3, but they always quit too soon.

The coolest part is that not only have I been feeling peanut, but Saturday and yesterday Ronnie felt it!! Since I know they come in 2 or 3, when we were on the couch hanging out after lunch (both days) and I felt the first little movement, I had Ronnie put his hand on my belly. After a few minutes of holding really still and being very patient, Ronnie got to feel one little movement each day. As soon as the little "pop" happens, we both look at each other and say, "Woah." Ronnie usually follows his "Woah" with a "I felt that" and mine is followed with a "see that's gotta be peanut.....right??"

Another cool development is the ability to FEEL exactly where my uterus is. It's a bit of a crazy feeling, but if I lay flat on my back, I can see and feel a big "ball" in my lower abdomen, from my pelvic bone to about a half-inch to an inch below my belly button. It's a trip! In the mornings it's always the most exaggerated (probably because I'm not as bloated and haven't eaten in 10 hours), so I often lay in bed for several minutes just running my hands over the "melon" that used my be my flat belly. It is my absolute favorite. I like to picture little peanut in there, and love the thought that my hand it just inches from where he/she is camped out!

If you can't tell, I'm starting to become really fascinated with this little being inside me and the changes that peanut is causing in my body (and the FUN changes, not just the acne and bloating which I've known all too well for the last 18 weeks!). I cannot wait for all the fun to come. It is finally becoming REAL and I can't imagine what it must be like to feel baby many times a day in full force!

That's about it from our neck of the woods. Who's doing something fun for Memorial Day??

**By the by, that is NOT a legit picture of my belly. If and when we can make out peanut's toes we'll probably be too fascinated and shocked to remember to grab a camera!!