Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Movement & Happy Hour

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I am SO thankful that peanut has started moving a ton. I was pretty sure I was feeling him/her move for the last couple of weeks. But this weekend the movements were unmistakably peanut!! It is the most wonderful and amazing feeling in the whole world. I find myself having a hard time focusing on anything else because I am just trying to will peanut to move all day long. I am also very thankful that Ronnie is able to feel it too!

I'm thankful for Sriracha sauce. I've been wanting spicy things non stop lately. I could eat something with a kick at every meal! And Sriracha sauce is an easy additive to any meal to add some fire to my food. I must say, I occasionally end up with a little heartburn as a result, but it's oh so worth it!

I'm thankful for a bike-riding hubby. Ronnie's been willing to ride INCREDIBLY slow next to me on a bike while I run most days. I know it can be frustrated to be crawling along, so slowly that balancing becoming a feat, but he is always so willing to keep me company on my runs. What's funny is that we both bring our ipods and wear our headphones, so we don't even really talk, but there's just something about having his company.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for friendly neighbors. Whenever we head out of town our neighbor Rob is the first one to offer up a helping hand or a watchful eye. I need not worry about the trash getting out or the recycling being put curbside. It's always nice to have neighbors that you can consider friends.

I'm thankful for movement. It may be a teeny tiny movement, but it's one of the coolest things that I've ever felt. It's pretty much been confirmed by me that Peanut is for sure moving in there. S/he has kicked or rolled on my hand about 7 times know and I can pretty much tell you when and where each one of them happened. It's so mind blowing to me that a little human is in there and has the ability to make "contact" with his mommy and daddy already. Awesome!

I'm thankful for happy hour. I'm not a big drinker, in fact, I average about 1 drink per month, but I do love half off appetizers. It's pretty much a sure bet that if Mandi and I go out to eat (which is a rare occasion), it will always be to a place that has happy hour. It actually makes me uncomfortable to eat at an establishment later on in the evening if I know that I could have gotten it 50% off just hours earlier. I know, I'm weird (and cheap).

So, what are you thankful for today?