Monday, May 23, 2011

One Year Anniversary Recap

As some may have noticed, I'm not posting this blog until a little later on Monday - which is just an indication of how fun and busy our anniversary was. It was a great way to top off an even greater year together. I couldn't be more thankful for the man God provided as my life mate and yesterday was just a great celebration of the love we share!

The morning started with breakfast-in-bed made by me. Unfortunately it wasn't a surprise because Saturday night I told Ronnie I was going to get up and run in the morning so he could sleep in (which isn't unusual for us) and he replied, "wake me up, I'll go with you"...."Uhhhh. You have to sleep in." I replied. So he knew breakfast-in-bed was coming, but it was delicious none the less. He had blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee. After breakfast we relaxed on the couch and watched a little TV. Then we headed to the 10:30 service at church.

After church, we headed out for Ronnie's planned portion of the day: exploring. We drove out towards the mountains and a lake called Canyon Lake. Here are a few photos of the excursion:

Driving on the open road

Stopped at a look-out to check out the view

Had a little snack siting on the tailgate

Explored some more

Oh yeah...peanut came too

After our 4 hour excursion, we headed home for Ronnie to sneak in a treatment and to shower before dinner. We had dinner at the place where we got married, overlooking the lawn where our ceremony was. It was great food and incredible to sit and remember our ceremony and reception at the very locale where it all happened. After dinner, we headed home to enjoy dessert: a replica of the top layer of our wedding cake! Here are some pictures from dinner and dessert:

Being a goofball during our caprese appetizer

Dinner - YUMMY! We split it, so excuse the plating. That is our bad job!

On the lawn where we got married

You know it's a special occasion when...

CAKE!!!

All in all it was an incredible day with my incredible hubby!! We had such a great time that I'm already looking forward to next year's anniversary - but I can't wait for all that will come in between!