Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Horrible Acne & American Idol

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for our circumstances. I was sitting with friends and we were discussing various topics such as finances, housing, relationships, etc. And I just sat there thinking, "Man, we are so incredibly blessed." There are so many circumstances, struggles and situations that others have to deal with in their lives, and it often feels like we have been dealt a very easy hand. I am so grateful for all that the Lord has blessed us with. Sure, we have things in our lives that some may consider "struggles," but when I hear what others have to deal with, I find myself thanking my God for the minor issues we have!

I am thankful for my hubby and his contributions around the house. Ronnie does far more around our house in the way of chores than I do, and I am so thankful that he does all that he does. He's constantly washing dishes, picking up, gardening, you name it! Last night, I had to go to my office for some meetings and then I had small group shortly after getting home. I figured I wouldn't eat a real dinner because there simply wasn't time. But when I walked in the door, I smelled food. Ronnie had made a delicious soup, and had it ready for me when I got home. I don't know what I'd do without him kicking in 75% of the work around here!

I'm thankful for face wash. My face is finally starting to clear up (and by clear up I mean it's now just horrible acne instead of horrifically hideous acne). I went to a dermatologist and got some face wash that is seeming to help (after 4 weeks of using it). I am so thankful that at least now it's not so angry and inflamed that it itches. I'd rather it just look terrible than FEEL terrible. Small victories are all I'm hoping for at this point, if you can't tell! Hopefully it continues to clear up and I only look slightly like a monster by the time this baby makes its appearance.

I'm thankful for a great year of marriage - and many, many, many more to come!!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful that I could just watch Scotty win American Idol. He's been one of my favorites since day one and I grew to like him more as the show continued. It's just so nice to see a kid that humble with such an amazing voice and good looks. What really won me over was when he cried during his whole hometown visit. I was really pulling for him to win and I'm just glad he pulled it out. The fact that he first gave thanks to God for his win was just icing on the cake.

I'm thankful that we got to spend some time with Mandi's college friend and her husband. Mandi's friend, Jenna, happened to be out in Phoenix for a conference and as a result, we've been able to spend some time with her and her husband Brandon. They are both "salt of the earth" type of people and I have a feeling that we'd all hang out a whole bunch if they didn't live in Tennessee. Brandon is currently a football coach so we've had a whole lot to talk about (for those that don't know, I was also a football coach in a past life).

I'm thankful for Emi. Emi is my new little 2nd cousin that my 1st cousins will officially adopt tomorrow. She is such a cutie and has been an absolute blessing to not only Tim and Gina but to the whole extended family. We are a family full of love, so any new member that we can love up on is welcomed with opened arms. Can't wait to watch you grow into a beautiful young woman Emi!!!

So, what are you thankful for today?