Monday, August 15, 2011

Murderers, Nesting and Late Night Gelato

This weekend Ronnie was in Kansas City, MO speaking at a CF Education Day, so I was on my own on Friday and Saturday. I HATE staying home alone. I am sure someone will pick that night to rob us or come and murder me. In fact, I have trouble sleeping and spend half the night laying awake in bed watching for shadows out my bedroom window. I'm not sure where this fear has come from, and in the light of day I realize it is completely irrational. However, as soon as the darkness of night sets in, I am sure that a serial murderer is around every corner. This weekend was no different. Luckily, I was only home along Friday night, but I woke up at 4:30AM from a dream about someone breaking into our house, and didn't fall back asleep until it got light out around 6AM. It is so very silly, but I just can't help it. I try everything to make the fear go away. I lock and double check all the doors, I sleep with both phones in my bed incase I need to call 911, I have our incredibly scary dog (who literally would eat the face off of an attacker) sleep next to me, I pray that God will take away this silly fear...you name it, I do it. Maybe next time I will be more brave...or maybe I'll just go sleep at my brother and sister-in-law's!

Mainly running on fear and a little sleep Friday night, I did manage to check some items off of my to do list between Friday and Saturday. Friday night I kept my mind busy until midnight starting our registry and researching what products are necessary and best. Then on Saturday I went shopping for a chest for Peanut's room. Instead of doing a changing table, we decided to just get a chest and put a changing pad on top. We wanted something that could be used anywhere in our house down the road. Thankfully I found the perfect chest, and it looks awesome in the room (see picture...which I know isn't the greatest because you can't quite make it out, but there you have it). I also went and physically looked at items at the store that I registered for, to make sure that I liked them in person. After seeing some things, I swapped items and adding some new ones. It is something that was hanging over my head, but feels sooo good to have started working on, and believe it or not, I am getting close to being done!

Ronnie was home all Sunday. So did our normal routine of church, gym, and chores, and then headed to hang out with Josh and Chrissy (bro and sis-in-law). We had a blast playing wii and going for a nice little bike ride. We got home around 8:30 sat on the couch for 15 minutes and I began dreaming about frozen yogurt. I finally verbalized my desire for frozen yogurt and Ronnie said what no man should ever say to his pregnant wife at 9PM when she wants something sweet. He said, "Yeah? Well let's go." My ears perked up and I tried to convince myself for all of 30 seconds that it was too late and unnecessary. But no. It was very necessary my craving convinced me. So off we went to get froyo. Unfortunately there wasn't a froyo place where we went (where I directed us to because I thought there was one there). There was, however, gelato...an equally tasty treat and one that would satisfy my craving just fine! Man was it good! I am pretty shocked that I made it to 29 weeks with only one late night food run...a success in my book! Tomorrow it's back to fruits, veggies, and protein, to give this little nugget all the nutrients she needs!

All in all, a good weekend!