Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Thunderstorms & Wiggle Worm

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:
I'm thankful that Ronnie's starting to feel a little better. He's not feeling 100% up to par, but any improvement is fine by me. We always know that the hospital is just the launching pad for getting PFTs up and getting back up to snuff. So I am so thankful that we have this launching pad and I'm thankful that we can work hard, together, to get his PFTs soaring in the near future.

I'm thankful for my little wiggle worm. As a paranoid first time mom, I often worry at the slightest change in feeling, movement, you name it. But the one thing that always reassures me that Peanut is healthy and happy is when she moves around. And let me tell you, this little love is a serious wiggle worm. This afternoon, after being moderately active all morning, peanut moved constantly for about 2 hours. She would stop for 1-2 minute stretches and then would be at it again. I absolutely love when she's moving because it reassures a worry wart like that she is doing well.

I'm thankful for thunderstorms. In Arizona, we don't get a ton of good thunderstorms. But I LOOOOOOVE thunderstorms. Something about the sound of rain on the windows, the booming of the thunder, the flashes of lightning is just so relaxing and beautiful to me. The last couple of weeks we've had quite a few thunderstorms, and man, I love it!! Not to mention I'm thankful that it's cooled it off around here - so the heat of the summer has subsided a bit and it feels great!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for the exercise bike in my hospital room. Since I'm still not able to run with any sort of consistency, it's nice to have an option of a workout here in the Hole. Mandi and I still take walks everyday, but the bike gives me the opportunity to really get my heart pumping. In fact, I started to "back-flush" a little bit of blood into my PICC line the other day while biking because my heart was beating so fast!

I'm thankful for thai food. We had a little treat last night for dinner when my mom brought some thai food up courtesy of my grandma (thanks g'ma!!). Mandi and I love thai and we especially love a little hole-in-the-wall place that is very close to the hospital. I'll admit that I overate just a little bit, but I did resist more than I usually do.

I'm thankful for rain. It's been storming here in Tucson for the past couple of days and it's been absolutely great. I can hear the thunder crashing outside of my window and it's really cooled things off for the afternoon walks! Now, I'm glad that it's mostly sunny here in ol' good AZ, but having a little bit of rain is a nice treat once in a while.

So, what are you thankful for today?