Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday: The Vest & Quiet Mornings


**Workout challenge: I did the following in 30 minutes with only a max of a 10 second break in between sets - 
25 pull-ups, 50 push-ups, 50 jumping jacks, 50 box jumps, 50 step-ups, 50 squats, 100 curls, 50 tricep extensions, 50 forearm curls, 50 shrugs, 50 lat pull-downs, 50 chest press, 50 chest pull down, 50 seated rows, 50 front shoulder raise, 100 lateral raise, 50 incline chest press
You certainly don't have to attempt to complete that entire workout, but I would encourage you to do something active today for 30 minutes!!
________________________

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for friends with adorable babies. This morning we're watching my friend's daughter while they move from their old house to their new house. Their little girl is just about the sweetest little love their ever was, and such a joy to watch. It's so great knowing you can have friends watch your baby - I know she'll return the favor at the drop of a hat.

I'm thankful for Ronnie's vest. Yes, it's great that it keeps him healthy, but their are alternatives to that. I'm especially thankful because it's a dream sleep machine for Mckenna. And on days when she's tough to get down for a nap, it works like a charm. She sleeps the best her first nap of the day...and that's with her daddy while he does a treatment!

I'm thankful for nice weather. As some of you know, I work from home. And I may be the only person on earth blessed enough to get to sit outside, in my bathing suit, in March, catching some rays while I work. Some of you may be thinking "umm dumb dumb, haven't you heard of a little thing called skin cancer?!" The answer is yes, but I have a friend's wedding I'm in in a week and trying to get rid of my terrible tan lines from my racerback tank tops I worked out in all summer! Then I'll pull my towel back into the shade.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a hard-working wife. Mandi never stops. She's is constantly working to improve her family's life or improve the lives of others. I still don't know how she juggles it all, but she manages to do it all while keeping a smile on her face. Our family, house, business, life would cease to function without Mandi. SO thankful for my wifey.

I'm thankful for hard-working brothers. As I stated in an earlier blog, my little brother's car accident ended up being a blessing for myself and my other brother Andrew. We've all been able to hang out this week and my little brothers have took it upon themselves to build up some garden beds and get everything ready for some planting. They've been running to Home Depot, doing research and putting in some serious sweat equity!

I’m thankful for quite mornings. Mandi and I have been getting up a little earlier the past few mornings to spend some quite time together doing our devotionals, bible study, coffee drinking, breakfast and gardening. It’s been really nice to experience the cool air and quite times in the morning with my wife.

So, what are you thankful for today?