Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Date Nights & Living Xtreme


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:


I'm thankful for one year with Mckenna. Mckenna turned from a baby to a toddler yesterday, and I'm so thankful that we have been blessed by the last year with her. I'm also thankful that I managed to keep her alive a whole year. You may laugh at that, but I think every new mom can relate!! They seem so fragile, and you're SO clueless when you first bring them home. I'm just happy she seems to be alive and thriving! Ha!

I'm thankful for date nights. Ronnie and I have been fortunate enough to get out on several dates the last several weeks. Thank you to Josh and Chrissy and Andrew and Kirsten for coming over and giving us time together out of the house.

I'm thankful for my hubby who spoiled me this week. I got a massage, a facial, a date, some fabulous gifts AND got to sleep in today!! I am married to a stud. He is always so thoughtful and treats me like a queen.


Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for re-feed days. There are times when you hit a brick wall during a 3-month “eat awesome” lifestyle. Those times call for a re-feed day. For the past 8 weeks, I’ve been eating in a calorie deficit every day. Do this long enough, and eventually your body says, “If you don’t start eating, I’m going to act like your starving and you won’t get the results you’re shooting for!”. When my body says that, I know it’s time to kick up the calories a bit a load up on carbs and protein. There is nothing like a day full of pasta J

I'm thankful for the release of a new project we’ve been working on. Over the past 18 months of so, we’ve been working hard tracking down Cysters and Fibros in the community that are kicking booty and making a movie out of them. CysticLife, Cystic Fibrosis Lifestyle Foundation and Essential Imaging Source Foundation teamed up to make Living Xtreme: Beyond Cystic Fibrosis, a movie about the importance of exercise and living a healthy lifestyle – sometimes, in extreme ways. Please check out LivingXtreme.org and like us at our Facebook page here.

I'm thankful for espresso shots. I’ve been known to take an espresso shot or two throughout the day – one for added energy and two because they taste so good. I’m not the best at making them myself, so most of the time I rely on my BIL Josh to hook me up when we swing by their house on our bike ride. Thanks my man!!

So, what are you thankful for today?