Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Toilets & Parks


It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for a good eater. Mckenna is like a garbage disposal. She will eat whatever you put on her tray. Things that you hear a lot of kids hating, she loves. Broccoli and cauliflower are some of her favorite foods. Black beans she eats like jelly beans. She even begged for more super strong (disgusting if you ask her momma) cheese the other day at Costco. I have a feeling when the terrible twos set in she might not be so willing, but in the mean time I am so thankful that meals are so easy. Hot, cold, spicy, mild, strange, or familiar, she likes it all.

I'm thankful for toilets. Yup, I said it. How blessed are we that we can go to the bathroom, in our house, push a button, and whatever is in there goes away. It's not something I ever really think about, but I have a feeling if I didn't have a toilet for a few days I'd realize just how thankful I am for it!

I'm thankful for protein shakes. Ronnie and I have been working to build some muscle, and protein shakes after a workout are a good way to get some protein into your body quickly. It is so nice to just put a little water in a shaker, put a scoop of powder and boom, protein. Not to mention it tastes kind of like a glass of chocolate milk. And come on, who doesn't like chocolate milk?!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for neighborhood parks. It's so nice to be within .5 miles from 3 different parks. They all present a little something different for Mckenna and she REALLY enjoys being at them. If we're feeling a bit adventurous, or want a longer bike ride, there are about 5 additional parks within a mile. We're averaging 2 trips to a park every day, so having them close is very convenient.

I'm thankful beautiful weather all day (and night) long. We're at the time of year here in Arizona, that no matter what time you decide to go outside, it's gorgeous. There is rarely a cloud in the sky, and besides maybe throwing a sweatshirt for early morning walks or bike rides, it's worry-free weather. What's nice, is we will have weather like this now through May. Can't beat it!!

I'm thankful for studies. I was asked to participate in a study related to CF and exercise. I love partaking in studies or clinical trials that are CF specific, but I REALLY love partaking in studies that (I'm sure will) prove how beneficial exercise is for those of us in this community.

So, what are you thankful for today?