Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Sign Language & "Church"

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for my parents moving back. I think thankful is an understatement. We are so truly blessed to have them back in the same town with us. My parents are not only two of the very best parents in the world, but two of the very best people in the world. To get to spend more time in their company and for Mckenna to get to be around them more is a blessing beyond words. 

I'm thankful for my dad. This one is a bit of a piggy back on the last one, but oh well. My dad has decided to "retire" (although for someone like my dad who is absolutely crazy and for some reason LIKES to work, I'm certain he will be back at it before we know it. Who can retired and still chooses to work? Totally crazy to me, but hey, whatever floats your boat!). My dad is one of those guys who is the picture of a good guy who does well in business because he does the morally right thing, even if it means it's the "wrong thing" in business. He has modeled integrity and a love for people that I try to carry over into my own life. He has been blessed, and instead of feeling entitled and deserving, he just gives more. I am thankful for the man my dad is and the lessons he has taught me.

I'm thankful for sign language. We have taught Mckenna a little sign language and boy does it make things easier. She really only says "all done," "more," and sometimes "milk" (it's a new one we're working on), but holy cow is it nice. I am thinking we need to teach her even more! It helps keep frustration at bay for everyone. She is a good little talker already and says a lot of words and expresses herself pretty well, but when she doesn't know a word for something and all we get is "that" with a point...over and over and over and over again with more frustration each time, a quiet little sign would be nice! Ha!

Ronnie's List:


I'm thankful for a wife who is never afraid to challenge me. Whether it's related to our faith, our family, our work or our hobbies - Mandi has never been afraid to say what she feels is right, even if it's something I don't necessarily agree with at first. Notice that I said at first, since I generally come around to her way of thinking :)

I'm thankful for new routines. I've started a new weight lifting routine at the gym and so far, so good. It's actually less exercises than I'm used to, but it is taking more energy because of the weight and reps required. Hopefully I'll start to see some changes in a few weeks, because I sure feel them right now!

I'm thankful for additional opportunities to "church". When I say church, I'm simply referring to hanging out with others that are Jesus freaks like me. Our church (the physical one) offers a myriad of ways to "do church" outside of just showing up on Sunday and sitting in some chairs. In fact, we get to do church every Thursday night with a small group of young families and really enjoy the time we get to spend with them.


So, what are you thankful for today?