Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Dwee Dwee & Dog Parks

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for Josh and Chrissy living so close. We live about a half mile apart in the same neighborhood. It is SO awesome. We are able to ride our bikes to their house. What's so cute is now every time we take Mckenna on a bike ride (which is every morning) she says "JAAAAHHH" and "DWEE DWEE" (which is how she says "Josh" and "Chrissy"). The other nice thing is Josh and I are able to go to the gym together in the morning (4:30AM BABY!). So instead of going by myself in the early mornings, Josh and I go together! Ronnie hasn't been able to lift because of his elbow, so I just lift with Josh, instead of doing my core class I used to do at 4:40). It's really great time together. 

I'm thankful for my parents getting to enjoy life together. My dad is "semi-retired" (we don't know what to call him because he kind of is done working and could be retired, but is still looking to work/consult/something....soooo we're not allowed to call him "retired). Anywhoo, my parents have been having a blast together traveling, hiking, golfing, you name it. It makes my heart so happy to know they are able to spend so much time just having fun together.

I'm thankful for new words. Mckenna learns new words (what feels like) daily. She is such a little talker with a vocabulary well over 50...I'd guess if we counted it would be at least 75 words. She is so adorable to hear talk. My favorite is how quickly she learns people's names, remembers them, and asks about them later. Mckenna saw her cousin (well Ronnie's cousins' daughter) named Emi for the first time in a long time a couple weeks back, and now she asks for Emi ALL the time. Last week we saw our neighbors' daughter who's 4 weeks younger than Mckenna a handful of evenings in a row, and now every time we pass their house she says, "TEEGA TEEGA" (for Teagan). It is just the sweetest thing to hear her want to see other people and hear how she says their names!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for dog parks. Mckenna and I spend many of our daddy dates taking in the various dog parks that our city has to offer. It's funny though, because although we have a dog, we don't take our dog. Nope, just Mckenna and I. We walk around the perimeter of the play area as she points out different dogs and giggles randomly. Her day is made when a dog actually comes over that she can pet. It's such a great way to spend some time!

I'm thankful for a better gardening season. This last gardening season was better than the season before. We successfully grew 3 different types of lettuce, spinach, carrots, cilantro, broccoli and cauliflower. It's amazing to me how much better garden-grown vegetables taste compared to their store bought peers.

I'm thankful for new experiences. I had my first ever adjustment with a chiropractor yesterday using a deal I secured via Groupon. He was a friendly guy, very funny and he cracked me up (cue audience laughter). Seriously though, he was very excited that I had never been adjusted before and was amazed by how many joints he was able to unlock. He was aiming to unlock 24 and I'm pretty sure I heard 24 pops.

So, what are you thankful for today?