Monday, April 22, 2013

Last Week Is Over

Phew. Last week is over. I suspected once the week was over I'd be feeling better, and sure enough, I was right. Last week was a bit rough, but we made it through the week and are now just trucking along. There are still moments I think to myself (and sometimes say out loud), "It totally sucks we aren't still pregnant." And then I am done my pity party and move on. We already have a calendar of our next cycle, so I am turning my thoughts and energy to that. I have a few IVF and early pregnancy (AKA Progesterone injection) pounds I'd like to shed before our next transfer, so I am also choosing to pour my energy into workouts and healthy meals. I don't know about others, but for me, exercise is my outlet. It's where I do good thinking. It's what rebalances my mind. It's what makes me feel a serious sense of accomplishment during my day (that sounds a bit pathetic when I actually say it, but oh well, there it is). So my workouts are working double duty - getting my body back into shape after taking it easier for 1.5 months and helping my mind reset itself.

With all that said, we had an AWESOME weekend. Ronnie's mom and brother (Grant) were up this weekend helping his other brother (Andrew) move from one house to another, so we got to spend a lot of time with them. It is always nice to have them around for the weekend. Mckenna is always SO happy to have "Ma ma" here (her version of grandma). She got to play with grandma all weekend long and loved it. Because the weekend was "work" focused, trying to get Andrew moved, we didn't do anything too awesome or exciting, but just having them around to hang out throughout the weekend was really, really nice.

All weekend I couldn't help but think about how blessed we are. We have such a wonderful family on both sides, we were able to be outside a lot in beautiful spring weather, we got to enjoy a nice lunch out on Saturday afternoon, Mckenna and I spent hours singing and "dancing" to ring a round the rosy, Ronnie, Mckenna and I got to take a couple early morning walks this weekend while sipping on Starbucks. All in all, I felt so blessed this weekend. And I'm glad I actually took the time to choose to see all our many blessings.

When less-than-ideal things happen in life, I find it's easy to let them eclipse the other many blessings I have. So this week I made it a point to think about all the blessings that surround us. We have a freakin' awesome life and this bump in the road will be just that in a few years. I refuse to let it eclipse our lives in the short term, waiting until time and circumstance change in a way that brings life back into focus. I am choosing to focus on this as just a little hiccup in our journey and that God has a different and BETTER plan for our lives. I am choosing to focus on and cherish all the many blessings we had before and after last Tuesday. Our life is just as awesome and we are just as blessed, we are just on a different journey than we thought before last Tuesday!