Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Sniffles and Sneezes

She's done it again!

Looks like I managed to catch another little bug that my own personal germ factory was able to pass onto me. In fact, I wasn't the only one in the house to get it, but I'm sure the biggest weeny about it ;)

It all started on Friday with a sore throat and ear ache after a 2.5 hour marathon with the folks at Cox Communications over someone dropping the ball and getting our service turned off. When I started to feel the symptoms, I figured they were just part of the stress and annoyance that Cox had put me through and hoped I would be better by morning. It got a little worse over night and I woke up with a fuller head, sorer throat and achier body (I'm surprised spell check didn't come up for any of those words).

It was not ideal that Saturday was moving day for my brother.

My mom, brothers Grant and Andrew, and I spent most of the day packing up his old apartment and getting him moved over to a new house that he is renting a room at. Fortunately for us, he didn't have a whole lot of stuff, but his apartment was on the second floor and we had to park the trucks about a half football field away. Moving him out was definitely more difficult than moving him in. I lived on vitamin C drinks, throat lozenges and tylenol that day. We got through it just fine and Andrew has quite the set-up at his new place!





Needless to say, I was dead asleep by about 8:15pm on Saturday night. That may be the earliest I've gone to bed since I was about 7.

Sunday and Monday were much of the same in terms of symptoms. Sore throat. Full head. Achy ears, etc. They were both fantastic days though! Sunday was all about family and church. Monday I traveled down to U of A College of Medicine a gave a talk about my approach to pharmaceutical health care vs that of a provider. It went well and I think I only had to blow my nose one time :) Bedtime was much of the same (down by 830 each night) and I think that has helped the most on my road to recovery.

Today, Tuesday, has been the best day so far and I'm looking forward to being symptom free in a couple of days!! One can hope right?

I just figure I'm building up tolerance before we bring germ factory number two into the picture :)