Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday: Music & Helplines

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for my mom. This week she celebrated her birthday, and I could not be more thankful for the years she's been on this earth and the years yet to come. My mom is one of the most incredible people you could have the opportunity to know. She is a better wife, mother and friend than anyone I've ever met. The love, commitment and sacrifices she has always made for my dad, brother and me are unmatched. As an adult, I am privileged to not only call her mom, but friend. As a mother now myself, I have grown to respect her that much more.

I'm thankful for the ability to run. Last weekend I was able to put a lot of miles on my legs while running at the shore. I feel so blessed to be able to go out for a run, and especially blessed to be able to run with the ocean breeze at my back. It was such a great place to run: good people watching and beautiful homes to look at.

I'm thankful for music. I have been downloading new songs lately and loving it. It is pretty incredible how certain songs can really speak to you. Not to mention, runs would be really terrible if I didn't have music to listen to...I mean, who wants to listen to themselves super out of breath?! It just makes me more tired.

Ronnie's List:
I'm thankful for helplines...and just wish I would cave-in and use them sooner. I've been battling my gas grill for quite some time now and had all but given up on trying to get it to light. I've replaced parts, had other look at it and thought I was finally at a dead end. I was resigned to the fact that I was going to have to have a professional come out and look at it. Well, when I called to hire a professional, they first had me talk with someone from their helpline who walked me through some steps after I described the problem. Wallah!!! It works like new.

I'm thankful for used clothes stores. Baby and kids clothes are relatively cheap. Used baby and kids clothes are even cheaper! Mckenna and I recently went on a "shopping spree" and picked up some new threads for Mckenna. You should have seen her giving me a fashion show in the store. She looked like she was walking down a runway. Yikes.

I'm thankful for new filters. It had been quite some time (as in never) since I had replaced the filters in my nebulizer compressor. I finally ordered new filters and holy moly, it's like I have my old machine back. 

So, what are you thankful for today?

1 people had something to say...:

Anonymous said...

For your ability to motivate and inspire and stay positive even when we all know that sometimes just breathing has to be tough for you...thank you for speaking and blogging. Sometimes its all we have. And so much more...no words...