Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday: God's Plan & Espresso

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful for solid friendships. Lately I have felt really blessed by the incredible friendships we have. Friends who are there through thick and thin. Friends who are always there to listen, share laughs, and even friends that are willing to move furniture for us ;-) I couldn't feel more blessed by the time and advice I get from friends.

I'm thankful for God's plan...even when it's different from mine. I have learned a lot in the last year about God's plan in my life...and just how not in control I am of the bigger picture. Sure I get to pick the color of my car and what I wear to the gym, but any of the bigger life circumstances I feel good about them being in His hands.

I'm thankful for running buddies. Has this one been on my list more than once already? I'm pretty sure I've used it once or twice (but I'm too lazy check right now). I run Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with a friend who's grown from an acquaintance to an incredible friendship in the last two years. Running together 4 days a week has only strengthened that bond and is the best way to start my days. It makes running more enjoyable. I run better. And I'm building a lasting friendship...All at the same time. Jackpot!

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for a change in our daily routine. For quite some time, I've been taking Mckenna in the mornings while Mandi worked, and we flip-flopped that arraignment in the afternoon. I like this new way for a couple reasons, but one of the biggest is that there is just simply more to do with Mckenna in the afternoon when compared to the morning. We've been going on all kinds of fun adventures lately.

I'm thankful for such a positive reaction to the film Living Xtreme: Beyond Cystic Fibrosis. The whole LX team worked really hard on this film over the past couple of years and we're just thankful that the work is paying off. We of course didn't want to produce something that people didn't like and didn't feel was inspiring.

I'm thankful for stove top espresso. I've been making stove top espresso to start each day, and there's nothing like that first shot before 5am :) I think it sets the tone for the rest of the day!!

What about you? What are you thankful for today?