Friday, April 3, 2015

18 Weeks Pregnant!


How far along: 18 weeks pregnant! Due September 3rd!

Gender: Officially a baby BOY!!

Total weight gain: Up 8 lb.

Exercise: Unfortunately, my exercise plans for this pregnancy look very different. Between the subchorionic hemorrhage and now the complete placenta previa, I have been limited to just walking from about 12 weeks on. I have been walking 4-6 miles a day (usually split into two walks), in an attempt to maintain decent shape. Hopefully the previa resolves (prayer request!!), and I can be back to legit workouts!

Maternity clothes: I still haven't really ventured into maternity clothes. With Mckenna I never wore them, and I'm still trying to make my wardrobe work without them this pregnancy. Although I will say feeling anything digging into my stomach this pregnancy has made me feel a little sick, so that plan may not work out.

Miss anything: I definitely am missing my normal workouts. Working out hard is how I maintain my sanity and feel strong!

Movement: Some! I've been feeling this baby move for several weeks now, but finally the movements are become bigger and more than just flutters.

Have you started to show: This one is debatable. I think I look massive. Friends, family, and acquaintances (even people at the gym) definitely comment on how much my belly is growing. But I don't think strangers have any clue! It really doesn't help that I'm toting a 4 month old along, as it kind of looks like I just still have some baby belly to lose.

Stretch marks: This is a tricky one. I never got stretch marks on my belly with Mckenna. But ever since puberty I've had stretch marks on my thighs, tush, and hips. They are very fine and you only really see them when the light hits them right. So there's a good chance that I got more with Mckenna, I just have no idea. My guess is I may be getting more as we speak, I just can't see them in comparison to what is already there!

Belly button in or out: It's in...and looks like a massive goiter in tight shirts.

Wedding rings on or off: On, when I actually wear them! I take them off for walks, showers, and sleeping...and with my baby brain and pregnancy brain, I often forget to put them back on!

Sleep: I sleep like any mom with a 3.5 year old and a 4.5 month old. I sleep great when they are sleeping! I find I have a bit of trouble falling back to sleep, but only because my minds starts going.

Labor signs: None. I'm hoping none for a very, very long time. With complete placenta previa is can be really dangerous for me and baby both if I go into labor. So I'm extra hopeful that there is no early labor!! But I am already having noticeable Braxton Hicks contractions.

Best moment of this week: Finding out that this baby is for sure a little boy, and seeing Mckenna's joy at the thought of having a brother! It was also amazing to hear that the subchorionic hemorrhage is gone! Praise God!!