Thursday, April 2, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Pregnancy & Sleep Training

It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. Please take this time to share with us what you're thankful for as well. If you have a blog expressing your thankfulness, please share the link! Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I’m thankful for this pregnancy!! I have wanted to post this as part of our Thankful Thursdays for the last 18 weeks, and WAHOO, the cat is out of the bag, so I can today! I am so thankful that we have made it to 18 weeks. God is so good.

I’m thankful for Easter. Bigger than providing us with a pregnancy and a baby boy so far, God has given us an even greater gift, salvation, which we celebrate on Easter. I’m so thankful that He sent His only son, Jesus, to die on the cross for me, so that I may be forgiven of my sins!!

I’m thankful for "spa nights". The last couple nights Mckenna and I slept at my parent’s house while Ronnie stayed with N to sleep train her. My dad was out of town, so it was just us girls, and we had a blast having what we called a “spa night". We did a bubble bath in our bathing suits, “facials”, and nails. Mckenna thought it was the coolest thing EVER…and we all has fun being girly together.

Ronnie's List:

I'm thankful for sleep training. I've been sleep training Baby N the last couple of nights and it's already paying off. She's starting to self-soothe much faster and has been pretty consistent with how long she cries and when she wakes up. She's even more content during the day for me as well.

I'm thankful for a crazy, do-it-all wife. Or is that crazy do-it-all wife? Do-it-all crazy wife? Anyway, she's the best. I recognize that she's way out of my league in every aspect and I am incredibly lucky to have her. She's been taking on most of the time with the girls allowing me to work more as it's been a bit nuts. She still has to work and has been using her usual free-time to get her stuff done. She's awesome and selfless.

I'm thankful for my my future son and His past and present Son. God has blessed us beyond measure by allowing us to be pregnant with our second child. It has certainly been a journey to get to this point, but He has comforted us every step of the way. I also reflect on what His Son did for us nearly 2000 years ago when He covered my sins on the cross and rose from the grave as He said He would. 

Have a blessed Easter everyone! 

What are you thankful for today?