Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thankful Thursday: Our Kiddos

Haven't done a Thankful Thursday post for a while, but I felt compelled to write a bit about each kiddo and the first thing that comes to mind when I think of how thankful I am for each one of them.

This picture perfectly captures why I'm such a thankful Dad.
Keni (Mckenna) - The character trait I'm most thankful for that she possesses is her compassion for other people. Whether it's a friend, a homeless man or a foster child, Mckenna has a huge heart for people in need. She's the first one to offer hugs and a hand to a friend who is scared or a fast food gift card to someone holding a sign at the corner. This also comes through with each and every foster child who comes into our home. Her heart breaks for the pain they have experienced and she does an amazing job showing them each love and support for the time they are with us.

Bugs (Bennett) - The thing I can already tell about Bennett - he loves life. When I picture him in my head, he's always smiling. He has fun whether he's playing catch by himself (I guess it's more like fetch), wrestling his sister or yelling like a crazy man while trying to get his run on. Anytime I catch his eye or he catches mine, he gives me a smile. I can't help but smile back.

Baby S - He's only been in our home for a couple of days, but there are things about him that I am certainly thankful for. In his short 9 months on this Earth, he's already faced many challenges and transitions, but through it all, he's such a chill kid. He goes with the flow and seems to enjoy whatever we're all doing. He was a rockstar in the grocery store, he has a ball at bath time, and he doesn't mind when Bennett charges him like a bull. We're hopeful that we can give him the love he needs and deserves while he's in our home and thankful for the time we're going to be able to spend with him.

What are you thankful for today?