Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fun-Filled Saturday

I've been charged with writing a blog today, and by charged I mean I told Ronnie I'd write one to give him a "day off", then totally forgot that I told him that, and then remembered again at about 10PM last night. So here I am - getting ready to throw up some thoughts on a page. I sat staring blankly for around 5 minutes. Deciding I needed to put an end to procrastinating, I began looking through pictures, hoping that would get my juices flowing and I'd magically have something awesome to say. Unfortunately for you, no juices are flowing and so I have nothing awesome to say.

So my go to when I'm blanking? Random update blogs. Who's ready for a random update blog giving a little look into our lives, totally unrelated to CF and totally unrelated to baby (I'll try at least)?

First things first, I'm really excited for today. This week we decided to participate in Bountiful Baskets, a co-op type deal for food. "Huh?" you're thinking. Yeah, that didn't make much sense, I'm certain that is not their catch phase: "Bountiful Baskets: your co-op for food." I'll do my best to explain what it is, but I have a feeling visiting their website will be much easier. You sign up and pay $15 on a Monday or Tuesday online, then Saturday morning (between 6AM and 6:20AM, I'm not joking) you go pick up a huge laundry basket of fruits and veggies, all grown in state or in neighboring states. Apparently it's a great way to get a lot of fruits and veggies at a great price. The downside is that you don't get to pick exactly what you want, the upside is you're forced to eat tons of fruits and veggies before it all goes bad! I'm really excited to see what we get in our basket today, and see how the whole process goes. We'll take pictures to show you our haul!

I'm also excited for today for a different reason. And that reason is RUNNING. I haven't been able to run since we started my stim meds back at the very beginning of February. But at our last ultrasound (dangit, I said ultrasound, does that count as baby talk?) my ovaries were checked out and the nurse said she didn't see any more cysts. I didn't specifically ask if that meant I could run, but considering that was the reason I was told not to, I decided that was the clearance I needed to start pounding the pavement again. It's been awhile, so I'll have to work back into it with a nice and easy run/walk for the first few days, but regardless, I'm thrilled. My goal is to get back to a point where I'm able to run around 3 miles, 3-4 times a week. We'll see what my body has in mind though.

Today is also a good day (man, this blog is turning into the theme "today rocks my socks"...I'll go with it) because we get to bake. Ronnie and I LOVE making desserts. My guess is it's eating them rather than actually the act of making them, but what's the difference, right? Anyways, for our Easter family get together, Ronnie and I are in charge of bringing the desserts, so we'll be making two different desserts today to bring with us to our Aunt Janna's easter shin dig on Sunday. I haven't finished pinpointing the recipes yet, but we'll post pictures of the process once we find the recipes and make the goods. My guess? One chocolatey, one fruity - can't go wrong with a little bit from both ends of the spectrum, right?

Annnnd that's about it. I hope you all have a fabulous Saturday as well. Leave us a comment and let us know what fun things you have going on today!