Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Energy & Motivation

Know what time it is? It's thankful Thursday time! We all have so much to be thankful for and we love to take this opportunity just to write down each and everything that comes to mind. as I mentioned, I no longer have the "linkytools" but I invite you to share your thankful blog in the comments section. Without further ado, here's what we're thankful for:

Mandi's List:

I'm thankful that we get to see peanut today. We are at week 12, so peanut should really be looking like a human these days and I'm really hopeful that he'll be moving all over the place. Plus, Ronnie wasn't as the last ultrasound, so I'm thankful that he'll be there and that he'll get to see our little peanut first hand, instead of through a video I made for him! I am so thankful that there's the technology to see my little baby while still in my belly.

I'm thankful that I have the energy to get up and walk every morning and to get a workout in in the afternoon. There are several days when the afternoon workout is dreadful, but I'm very thankful that I've had the energy and motivation to get to the gym. I find that working out helps me feel better about the climbing numbers on the scale.

I'm thankful that we got to spend time with Josh and Chrissy Tuesday night. We haven't had the chance to get together for the last few weeks since we've been traveling and they've been traveling, but Tuesday evening we went to their house for burgers and hot dogs and got to bond over some quality Wii sports competition. I always love time with them and am so blessed to have such a wonderful brother and sister-in-law!

I'm thankful for my husband's ability to make me feel loved, wanted, appreciated, and sexy. I'll be honest - gaining weight, getting a belly with no "baby belly", acne, bring super bloated etc etc have a way of making a girl feel a bit insecure. But my honey has been working overtime to compliment, encourage, and build me up. I am so blessed to have him!!! I'm just so thankful to have him in my life, and I'm so thankful that peanut will have such an incredible man as his/her daddy!

Ronnie's List:

I'm so thankful that Mandi and I have stayed motivated to workout. We've both had energy towards the end of the day to make it to the gym about 99% of the time that we're in town. Like I mentioned in yesterday's blog, it's certainly easier to stay motivated when you have a fine woman willing to work out next to you...and it's cool that Mandi is there too! (Like that one babe?)

I'm very thankful that my foot seems to be getting better. I was able to go on quite a few long walks while I was out of town, but I still am not to the point to where I'm ready to run. I really hope this progress continues because I get more and more jealous of the people on the treadmill every day that I see them.

I'm thankful that we get to celebrate Easter this weekend with the family. Mandi and I love hanging with any family that we can get and this weekend it happens to be the Tucson Crew. One of the things we're most excited about is being able to bring desert. We always try to come up with something creative and are still looking for some kick booty recipes. You guys have any suggestions?

So, what are you thankful for today?