Monday, April 18, 2011

Itty-Bitty Belly

It's been awhile since we've given you a pregnancy update. You've had several baby updates, but I figured I'd posted the promised belly shots and fill you in on me the lady carrying the beautiful little peanut.

I still am feeling pretty good. I am definitely less sleepy than I was in the first 8-10 weeks or so. However, I have experienced a tiny bit of nausea for the last 2 weeks. Nothing major and certainly nothing that can't be handled by eating something. I find that I most frequently get a little queasy when I'm hungry, but occasionally I'll get a bit of an upset stomach after I've just eaten. I haven't been nauseous enough vomit or even come close. So I would say I've been very fortunate and haven't really experience the type of morning sickness that many suffer from.

And while all these hormones haven't caused terrible morning sickness, they have wreaked havoc on my skin. My face is more broken out than it ever has been in my life. It drives me totally nutso, to be totally honest. Not only does it look horrific, but it actually itches most of the day. But as I say to Ronnie, I don't have much of a choice, so I just have to own it. I have just been washing it twice a day and have let it hang out for the world to see (aka don't wear makeup for fear of making it worse). I'm hopeful that I'll get a visit from the "pregnancy glow" fairy sometime at the beginning of my second trimester, but I am bracing myself to look like a hormonal teenager for another 6 months (gulp).

As you'll see from the belly shots, my belly is still pretty small. Definitely small and unnoticeable to someone I've never met. But believe me, it is bigger than it was pre-pregnancy (my jeans show it all too well by my inability to button them)! My belly is about the size it was when I was bloated. So I bloated, deflated, and now I think any belly is from peanut.

As for my weight, I promised to post it - a decision I may eventually regret. I may ask you to never speak of these numbers again and to keep them just between us ;-) I am a 1 day shy of 12 weeks and am up 5 lbs (give or take a pound depending on the day). This puts me a little above some of the recommended 1-3 you read on some sites, but I'm not too worried since some say 3-5 during the first trimester...I just need to hold steady for another 2 weeks! I am hoping the ever growing numbers on the scale get easier to digest once there's a legit baby bump to blame.

That's about it. Check out the belly shots below!

8 weeks
Weight Gain: 4 lbs

9 Weeks
Weight Gain: 4 lbs

10 weeks
Weight Gain: 5 lbs

11 weeks
Weight Gain: 5 lbs